Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Effects of bariatric surgery on mortality in Swedish obese subjects.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 741-752
- Lifestyle, diabetes, and cardiovascular risk factors 10 years after bariatric surgery.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2683-2693
Buchwald H, Oien DM. Metabolic/bariatric surgery Worldwide 2008. Obes Surg 2009;19:1605–11.
- Analysis of stone disease in morbidly obese patients undergoing gastric bypass surgery.J Endourol. 2006; 20: 749-752
- Hyperoxaluric nephrolithiasis is a complication of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.Kidney Int. 2007; 72: 100-107
- Enteric hyperoxaluria, nephrolithiasis, and oxalate nephropathy: potentially serious and unappreciated complications of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2005; 1: 481-485
- Hyperoxaluria in kidney stone formers treated with modern bariatric surgery.J Urol. 2007; 177: 565-569
- Oxalate nephropathy complicating Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: an underrecognized cause of irreversible renal failure.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008; 3: 1676-1683
- Metabolic and neuroendocrine responses to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. I: energy balance, metabolic changes, and fat loss.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 97: E1440-E1450
- Healthcare utilization and outcomes after bariatric surgery.Med Care. 2006; 44: 706-712
- EQUIL2: a BASIC computer program for the calculation of urinary saturation.J Urol. 1985; 134: 1242-1244
- Rapid Communication: relative effect of urinary calcium and oxalate on saturation of calcium oxalate.Kidney Int. 2004; 66: 2032-2037
- Applied Longitudinal Data Analysis.Oxford University Press, New York2003
- Statistical methods in medical research.Blackwell Scientific Publications, p, Oxford2003: 331
- Hypocitraturia and hyperoxaluria after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.J Urol. 2010; 183: 1026-1030
- Effect of gastric bypass surgery on kidney stone disease.J Urol. 2009; 181: 2573-2577
- Prevalence of hyperoxaluria after bariatric surgery.J Urol. 2009; 181: 161-166
- Hyperoxaluria is a long-term consequence of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a 2-year prospective longitudinal study.J Am Coll Surg. 2010; 211: 8-15
- A prospective study of risk factors for nephrolithiasis after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.J Urol. 2009; 182: 2334-2339
- Urinary oxalate excretion in premature infants: effect of human milk versus formula feeding.Pediatrics. 1994; 94: 674-678
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass, Roux-en-Y- 500 patients: technique and results, with 3-60 month follow-up.Obes Surg. 2000; 10: 233-239
- Stone forming risk of calcium citrate supplementation in healthy postmenopausal women.J Urol. 2004; 172: 958-961
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Vital signs: state-specific obesity prevalence among adults—United States, 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2010;59:951–5.
- Gastric band placement for obesity is not associated with increased urinary risk of urolithiasis compared to bypass.J Urol. 2009; 182: 2340-2346
- Use of a probiotic to decrease enteric hyperoxaluria.Kidney Int. 2005; 68: 1244-1249
- Omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid in the management of hypercalciuric stone formers.Urology. 2012; 79: 282-286
- Clinical practice. Calcium kidney stones.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 954-963
- Why does the Bonn Risk Index discriminate between calcium oxalate stone formers and healthy controls?.J Urol. 2006; 175: 766-770
- Metabolic syndrome in obese adolescents is associated with risk for nephrolithiasis.J Pediatr. 2012; 160: 615-620
☆This study was supported by the Baystate Incubator Fund.
☆☆Part of this study was presented at the American Society of Nephrology Renal Week 2010, November 16–21, Denver, Colorado, and the abstract was published in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, Volume 21, November 2010, abstract 143.