Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) has become one of the preferred surgical options for morbid obesity and has been proved effective [
- Freeman J.B.
- Kotlarewsky M.
- Phoenix C.
Weight loss after extended gastric bypass.
Obes Surg. 1997; 7: 337-344
2]. Laparoscopic RYGB was first introduced by Wittgrove et al. [
- Curry T.K.
- Carter P.L.
- Porter C.A.
- Watts D.M.
Resectional gastric bypass is a new alternative in morbid obesity.
Am J Surg. 1998; 175: 367-370
] in 1994. Laparoscopic RYGB remains a challenging procedure because of postoperative complications associated with high morbidity and mortality. We describe 1 case of intussusception after laparoscopic RYGB.
- Wittgrove A.C.
- Clark G.W.
- Tremblay U.
Laparoscopic gastric bypass, Roux-en-Y: preliminary report of 5 cases.
Obes Surg. 1994; 4: 353-357
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Weight loss after extended gastric bypass.Obes Surg. 1997; 7: 337-344
- Resectional gastric bypass is a new alternative in morbid obesity.Am J Surg. 1998; 175: 367-370
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass, Roux-en-Y: preliminary report of 5 cases.Obes Surg. 1994; 4: 353-357
- Retrograde intussusception following Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Obes Surg. 2006; 16: 1101-1103
- Intussusception after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity: case report and literature review of rare complication.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2006; 2: 483-489
- Retrograde intussusception after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.J Am Coll Surg. 2004; 199: 988-989
- Intussusception: an uncommon cause of postoperative small bowel obstruction after gastric bypass.Obes Surg. 2004; 14: 116-119
- Antiperistaltic intussusception after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Am Surg. 2004; 70: 67-70
- Intussusception after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Am Surg. 2000; 66: 82-84
- Antiperistaltic and isoperistaltic intussusception associated with abnormal motility after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a case report.Surgery. 1991; 110: 109-112
- Adult intussusception.Ann Surg. 1997; 226: 134-138
- A unique late mechanical complication of jejunoileal bypass.Dis Colon Rectum. 1985; 28: 738-740
- Intussusception of the bypassed segment after jejunoileal bypass for obesity: a cryptic problem.Am J Gastroenterol. 1979; 72: 434-440
- Computed tomography in small bowel obstruction after open distal gastric bypass.Obes Surg. 2004; 14: 811-822
Published online: December 10, 2007
Accepted: September 22, 2007
Received in revised form: August 29, 2007
Received: May 31, 2007
© 2008 American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.