Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Adjustable gastric banding and conventional therapy for type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2008; 299: 316-323
- Bariatric surgery versus intensive medical therapy in obese patients with diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1567-1576
- Bariatric surgery versus conventional medical therapy for type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1577-1585
- Surgical treatment of obesity and its effect on diabetes: 10-y follow-up.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 55: 582S-585S
- Patients enrolled in randomized controlled trials do not represent the inflammatory bowel disease patient population.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012; 10: 1002-1007
- The calibration of treatment effects from clinical trials to target populations.Clin Trials. 2009; 6: 136-140
- Making trials matter: pragmatic and explanatory trials and the problem of applicability.Trials. 2009; 10: 37
- Metabolic/Bariatric Surgery Worldwide 2011.Obes Surg. 2013; 23: 427-436
- Randomized trial of a video-based patient decision aid for bariatric surgery.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011; 19: 1669-1675
- Selection of patients for anti-obesity surgery.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001; 25: S107-S112
- Flaws in methods of evidence-based medicine may adversely affect public health directives.Surgery. 2005; 137: 279-284
- Perioperative safety in the longitudinal assessment of bariatric surgery.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 445-454
- Improved bariatric surgery outcomes for Medicare beneficiaries after implementation of the medicare national coverage determination.Arch Surg. 2010; 145: 72-78
- Bariatric surgery and prevention of type 2 diabetes in Swedish obese subjects.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 695-704
- Surgical vs nonoperative treatment for lumbar disk herniation: the Spine Patient Outcomes Research Trial (SPORT): a randomized trial.JAMA. 2006; 296: 2441-2450
- Shared decision making—pinnacle of patient-centered care.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 780-781
- Validation of a decisional conflict scale.Med Decis Making. 1995; 15: 25-30
O’Connor AM. User Manual - Decisional Conflict Scale. 2010:1–16. Available from: http://decisionaid.ohri.ca/docs/develop/User_Manuals/UM_Decisional_Conflict.pdf.
Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults--The Evidence Report. National Institutes of Health. Obes Res 1998;6:51S–209S
This study was funded by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (grant #R01-DK089528) and grants from the Group Health Research Institute and the Group Health Foundation. The video-based decision aid used in this study was provided by the Informed Medical Decisions Foundation.