Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass, Roux-en-Y—500 patients: technique and results, with 3–60 month follow-up.Obes Surg. 2000; 10: 233-239
- The comparative effectiveness of sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, and adjustable gastric banding procedures for the treatment of morbid obesity.Ann Surg. 2013; 257: 791-797
- The effectiveness and risks of bariatric surgery: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis, 2003–2012.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 275-287
- Effect of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass on type 2 diabetes mellitus.Ann Surg. 2003; 238: 467-484
- Long-term follow-up of the metabolic profiles in obese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Ann Surg. 2010; 251: 1049-1055
- Who would have thought it? An operation proves to be the most effective therapy for adult-onset diabetes mellitus.Ann Surg. 1995; 222: 339-350
- Long-term results 11 years after primary gastric bypass in 384 patients.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2013; 9: 708-713
- Weight gain after short- and long-limb gastric bypass in patients followed for longer than 10 years.Ann Surg. 2006; 244: 734-740
- Weight loss outcome after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: 10 years of follow-up.Obes Surg. 2013; 23: 1290-1293
- The gastric bypass operation reduces the progression and mortality of noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.J Gastrointest Surg. 1997; 1: 213-220
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding versus Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: 10-year results of a prospective, randomized trial.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2013; 9: 405-413
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: 10-year follow-up.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2011; 7: 516-525
American Heart Association [homepage on the Internet]. Dallas: The Association; 2014 [updated 2015 Apr 28; cited 2014 Jun 13]. Understanding blood pressure readings. Available from: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/AboutHighBloodPressure/Understanding-Blood-Pressure-Readings_UCM_301764_Article.jsp.
Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). NIH Publication No. 01-3670. May 2001.
American Diabetes Association [homepage on the Internet]. Alexandria, VA: The Association; ca. 1995–2014 [updated 2014 Sep 22; cited 2014 Jun 13]. Diagnosing diabetes and learning about prediabetes. Available from: http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diagnosis/?loc=db-slabnav.
- 1983 Metropolitan height and weight tables.Stat Bull Metrop Life Found. 1983; 64: 3-9
- Determination of ideal weight for drug dosage calculations.Am J Hosp Pharm. 1983; 40: 1016-1019
- Gastric bypass: analysis of weight loss and factors determining success.Surgery. 1981; 90: 446-455
- Twenty years of biliopancreatic diversion: what is the goal of the surgery?.Obes Surg. 2004; 14: 160-164
- Five-year outcome after gastric bypass for morbid obesity in a Norwegian cohort.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2014; 10: 71-78
- Effect of bariatric surgery on cardiovascular risk profile.Am J Cardiol. 2011; 108: 1499-1507
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass vs intensive medical management for the control of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia: the Diabetes Surgery Study randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2013; 309: 2240-2249
- GLP-1 and the long-term outcome of type 2 diabetes mellitus after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in morbidly obese patients.Ann Surg. 2013; 257: 894-899
- Effects of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass or diabetes support and education on insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion in morbidly obese patients with type 2 diabetes.Ann Surg. 2014; 259: 494-501
- Reduction in obesity-related co-morbidities: is gastric bypass better than sleeve gastrectomy?.Surg Endosc. 2013; 27: 1273-1280
- Gastric bypass surgery is followed by lowered blood pressure and increased diuresis—long term results from the Swedish Obese Patients (SOS) study.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e49696
- Lifestyle, diabetes, and cardiovascular risk factors 10 years after bariatric surgery.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2683-2693
- Small bowel obstruction after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a review of 9,527 patients.J Am Coll Surg. 2008; 206: 571-584
- Meta-analysis: surgical treatment of obesity.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 142: 547-559
- Impact of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass versus sleeve gastrectomy on vitamin D metabolism: short-term results from a prospective randomized clinical trial.Surg Endosc. 2014; 28: 821-826
- Markers of bone and calcium metabolism following gastric bypass and laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding.Obes Surg. 2008; 18: 1144-1148
- Incidence, treatment, and outcomes of iron deficiency after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a 10-year analysis.J Am Coll Surg. 2014; 218: 246-252
- Vitamin B12 deficiency in patients undergoing bariatric surgery: preventive strategies and key recommendations.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2013; 9: 1013-1019
- Self-reported weight and height.Am J Clin Nutr. 1990; 52: 1125-1133
- Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery (LABS): retention strategy and results at 24 months.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2013; 9: 514-519