Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention. Defining overweight and obesity [monograph on the Internet]. Atlanta, GA: CDC; 2012 [cited 2014 June 1]. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/defining.html.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. F as in fat: how obesity threatens America׳s future [monograph on the Internet]. Washington, DC: The Foundation; 2012 [cited 2015 March 1]. Available from: http://www.healthyamericans.org/assets/files/TFAH2012 FasInFatFnlRv.pdf.
- Annual medical spending attributable to obesity: payer- and service-specific estimates.Health Affairs. 2009; 28: w822-w831
- Obesity: evaluation and treatment.Disease A Month. 1996; 42: 831-873
- Meta-analysis: surgical treatment of obesity.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 142: 547-559
- Improvement in peripheral glucose uptake after gastric bypass surgery is observed only after substantial weight loss has occurred and correlates with the magnitude of weight lost.J Gastrointest Surg. 2010; 14: 15-23
- The effectiveness and risks of bariatric surgery: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis, 2003–2012.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 275-287
- Long-term outcomes after bariatric surgery: fifteen-year follow-up of adjustable gastric banding and a systematic review of the bariatric surgical literature.Ann Surg. 2013; 257: 87-94
- Bariatric surgery: a systematic review of the clinical and economic evidence.J Gen Internal Med. 2011; 26: 1183-1194
- Long-term follow-up after bariatric surgery: a systematic review.JAMA. 2014; 312: 934-942
- Weight and type 2 diabetes after bariatric surgery: systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Med. 2009; 122: 248-256
- Bariatric surgery: a best practice article.J Clin Pathol. 2013; 66: 90-98
- Metabolic/bariatric surgery worldwide 2011.Obes Surg. 2013; 23: 427-436
- Bariatric surgery trends: an 18-year report from the International Bariatric Surgery Registry.Am J Surg. 2006; 192: 657-662
- The incidence of bariatric surgery has plateaued in the US.Am J Surg. 2010; 200: 378-385
- Trends in use of bariatric surgery, 2003-2008.J Am Coll Surg. 2011; 213: 261-266
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Overview of HCUP [monograph on the Internet]. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2013 [cited 2015 March 1]. Available from: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/overview.jsp.
- Metabolic/bariatric surgery worldwide 2008.Obes Surg. 2008; 19: 1605-1611
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. National Coverage Determination (NCD) for bariatric surgery for treatment of morbid obesity [monograph on the Internet]. Baltimore, MD: CMS; 2009 [cited 2014 October 1]. Available from: http://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/details/ncd-details.aspx?NCDId=57&bc=AgAAgAAAAAAA&ncdver=3.
Zhao Y, Encinosa W. Bariatric surgery utilization and outcomes in 1998 and 2004. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Briefs, Statistical Brief #23 [monograph on the Internet]. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2007 [cited 2014 September 1]. p. 1–7. Available from: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb23.pdf.
Dartmouth Institute. Variation in the care of surgical conditions: obesity [monograph on the Internet]. Lebanon, NH: Dartmouth Institute; 2014 [cited 2014 November 1]. Available from: http://www.dartmouthatlas.org/downloads/reports/Obesity_report_09_16_14.pdf.
International classification of diseases—clinical modification (ICD-9-CM) professional edition for hospitals. 9th ed, rev. Los Angeles, CA: Practice Management Information Corporation; 2012
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System [monograph on the Internet].CDC, Atlanta, GA2013 ([cited 2014 September 1]. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/about/index.htm)
- About us [homepage on the Internet].United States Census Bureau, Washington, DC2014 ([cited 2015 April 1]. Available from: http://www.census.gov/aboutus/)
- Recent trends in bariatric surgery case volume in the United States.Surgery. 2009; 146: 375-380
- Trends in bariatric surgery for morbid obesity in Wisconsin: a six year follow-up.Wisconsin Med J. 2010; 109: 21-27
- Measuring factors affecting implementation of health innovations: a systematic review of structural, organizational, provider, patient, and innovation level measures.Implement Sci. 2013; 8
- Implementation matters: a review of research on the influence of implementation on program outcomes and the factors affecting implementation.Am J Community Psychol. 2008; 41: 327-350
- Diffusion of innovations in service organizations: systematic review and recommendations.Millbank Q. 2004; 82: 581-629
- The use, safety, and cost of bariatric surgery before and after Medicare׳s National Coverage Decision.Ann Surg. 2011; 254: 860-865
Downey M, Still C. The Affordable Care Act’s impact on persons with obesity [monograph on the Internet]. 2013 [cited 2015 January 1]. Available from: http://www.downeyobesityreport.com/wp-content/uploads//The-Affordable-Care-Act2.pdf.
Varney S. Obamacare insurance won’t cover weight-loss surgery in many states [monograph on the Internet]. Kaiser Health News; 2013 [cited 2015 January 1]. Available from: http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stories/2013/may/27/bariatric-surgery-obesity-exchange-marketplace-mississippi.aspx.
- The diffusion of bariatric surgery programs within US community hospitals: 1995-2000.Int J Public Policy. 2010; 5: 204-221
- Benefits of bariatric surgery do not reach obese men.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech. 2015; 25: 196-201
- Gender differences in the utilization of health care services.J Fam Pract. 2000; 49: 147-152
- Can bariatric surgery be done as an outpatient procedure?.Adv Surg. 2006; 40: 99-106
Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Annual Survey Data, 2013 [monograph on the Internet]. Atlanta, GA: CDC; 2013 [cited 2015 April 1]. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/annual_data/annual_data.htm.