Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Prevalence and trends in obesity and severe obesity among children in the United States, 1999-2012.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 561-566
- Perioperative outcomes of adolescents undergoing bariatric surgery: the Teen Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery (Teen-LABS) study.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 47-53
- The effect of obesity in adolescence on adult health status.J Pediatr. 2013; 132: 1098-1104
- Effect of orlistat on weight and body composition in obese adolescents: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2005; 293: 2873-2883
- Effects of a weight management program on body composition and metabolic parameters in overweight children: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2007; 297: 2697-2704
- One-year outcomes of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbidly obese adolescents: a multicenter study from the Pediatric Bariatric Study Group.J Pediatr Surg. 2006; 41: 137-143
- Best practice updates for pediatric/adolescent weight loss surgery.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009; 17: 1901-1910
- ASMBS pediatric committee best practice guidelines.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2012; 8: 1-7
- National trends in adolescent bariatric surgical procedures and implications for surgical centers of excellence.J Am Coll Surg. 2008; 206: 1-12
- Bariatric surgery in adolescents: recent national trends in use and in-hospital outcomes.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007; 161: 217-221
- Trends in adolescent bariatric surgery evaluated by UHC database collection.Surg Endosc. 2012; 26: 3077-3081
- Recent national trends in the use of adolescent inpatient bariatric surgery: 2000 through 2009.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 126-132
American Academy of Pediatrics. Elk Grove Village (IL): AAP; [cited 2009 Mar 29]. Obesity and related co-morbidities: coding fact sheet for primary care pediatricians. Available from: www2.aap.org/pubserv/codingforpeds/obesitycodingfactsheet0208.pdf.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Washington, DC: CMS; [cited 2014 Nov 21]. Medicare National Coverage Determinations Manual Chapter 1, Part 2 (Sections 100.1) Coverage Determinations. Available from: http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Guidance/Manuals/Internet-Only-Manuals-IOMs-Items/CMS014961.html?DLPage = 1&DLSort = 0&DLSortDir = ascending.
- Increasing utilization of laparoscopic gastric banding in the adolescent: data from academic medical centers, 2002-2009.Am Surg. 2011; 77: 1510-1514
- Prevalence of obesity and trends in body mass index among US children and adolescents, 1999-2010.JAMA. 2012; 307: 483-490
- The increasing incidence of adolescent bariatric surgery.J Pediatr Surg. 2013; 48: 2401-2407
- Changes in the makeup of bariatric surgery: a national increase in use of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 216: 252-257
Esteban Varela J, Nguyen NT. Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy leads the U.S. utilization of bariatric surgery at academic medical centers. Surg Obes Relat Dis. Epub 2015 Feb 12.
- Reversibility of cardiac abnormalities in morbidly obese adolescents.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 1342-1348
- Reversal of type 2 diabetes mellitus and improvements in cardiovascular risk factors after surgical weight loss in adolescents.J Pediatr. 2009; 123: 214-222
- Clinical resolution of severely symptomatic pseudotumor cerebri after gastric bypass in an adolescent.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2007; 3: 198-200
- Obstructive sleep apnea in extremely overweight adolescents undergoing bariatric surgery.Obes Res. 2005; 13: 1175-1179
- Update on bariatric surgery in adolescence.Curr Opin Pediatr. 2015; 27: 370-376
- Increasing prevalence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease among United States adolescents, 1988-1994 to 2007-2010.J Pediatr. 2013; 162: 496-500
- Variations in data collection methods between national databases affect study results: a comparison of the nationwide inpatient sample and national surgical quality improvement program databases for lumbar spine fusion procedures.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: e193
- To cut or not to cut: physicians’ perspectives on referring adolescents for bariatric surgery.Obes Surg. 2010; 20: 937-942
- Access to care for adolescents seeking weight loss surgery.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014; 22: 2593-2597