- •Best bariatric option in patients with previous anti-reflux surgery is unknown.
- •Roux-en-Y gastric by-pass is shown to be feasible with extreme morbidity.
- •In this context, we provide data that sleeve gastrectomy is safe and efficient.
- •Anterior unfolding of a functioning fundoplication preserves anti-reflux mechanism.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass after antireflux surgery for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux in morbidly obese patients: initial experience.Obes Surg. 2004; 14: 1373-1380
- Is Roux-en-Y gastric bypass safe after previous antireflux surgery? Technical feasibility and postoperative symptom assessment.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2005; 1: 475-480
- Anatomic findings and outcomes after antirefluc procedures in morbidly obese patients undergoing laparoscopic conversion to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2007; 3: 52-57
- Roux-en-Y reconstruction for failed fundoplication.J Gastrointest Surg. 2009; 13: 2226-2232
- The impact of previous fundoplication on laparoscopic gastric bypass outcomes: a case-control evaluation.Surg Endosc. 2012; 26: 177-181
- Minimally invasive Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for fundoplication failure offers excellent gastroesophageal reflux control.Am Surg. 2014; 80: 696-703
- The efficacy of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass after previous anti-reflux surgery: a single surgeon experience.Acta Chir Belg. 2015; 115: 268-272
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass following nişsen fundoplication: higher risk same reward.Obes Surg. 2017; 27: 2398-2403
- Laparoscopic conversion of prior gastric plication and posterior fundoplication to sleeve gastrectomy with hiatal hernia repair.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2015; 11: 1186
- Nissen fundoplication-preserving laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.Am Surg. 2019; 85: 173-176
- The endoscopic assessment of esophagitis: a progress report on observer agreement.Gastroenterol. 1996; 111: 85-92
- 2. Classification and diagnosis of diabetes: Standards of medical care in diabetes-2019.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: S13-S28
- How do we define cure of diabetes?.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 2133-2135
- Metabolic syndrome–a new world-wide definition. A Consensus Statement from International Diabetes Federation.Diabet Med. 2006; 23: 469-480
- Is laparoscopic antireflux surgery safe and effective in obese patients?.Surg Endosc. 2012; 26: 86-95
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass after previous Nissen fundoplication.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2009; 5: 280-282
- Conversion of Nissen fundoplication to laparoscopic gastric bypass: video case report and literature review.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2015; 11: 973-974
- Laparoscopic undo of fundoplication with Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in a morbidly obese patient with prior Nissen’s fundoplication: a video report.Obes Surg. 2016; 26: 241
- Laparoscopic Nissen versus Toupet fundoplication: assessment of operative outcomes.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2011; 21: 669-676
- Hiatal hernia repair with mesh: a survey of SAGES members.Surg Endosc. 2010; 24: 1017-1024
- Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication with gastric plication as a potential treatment of morbidly obese patients with GERD, first experience and results.Obes Surg. 2014; 24: 1447-1452
- Laparoscopic sleeve-Collis-Nissen gastroplasty: a safe alternative for morbidly obese patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease.Obes Surg. 2015; 25: 1217-1222
- Laparoscopic management of severe reflux after sleeve gastrectomy, in selected patients, without conversion to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech. 2015; 25: 631-635
- Sleeve gastrectomy and fundoplication as a single procedure in patients with obesity and gastroesophageal reflux.Arq Bras Cir Dig. 2017; 30: 216-221
- Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication plus mid-gastric plication for treatment of obese patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease.Obes Surg. 2018; 28: 437-443
- Nissen Sleeve (N-Sleeve) operation: preliminary results of a pilot study.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016; 12: 1832-1837
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy combined with Rosetti fundoplication (R-Sleeve) for treatment of morbid obesity and gastroesophageal reflux.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2017; 13: 1945-1951
- Gastric bypass surgery in the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019; 50: 159-166
- Emergency Roux-en-Y gastric bypass to treat “stenosis+leak” combination after sleeve gastrectomy in a super-super obese individual.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016; 12: e35-e37