- 1.Two years after bariatric surgery, reduction in BMI of 39% was shown.
- 2.Improvement of quality of life is not linear, and differ between men and women.
- 3.“Critical” period appears after 15 months, with a decrease of Qol for women.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- OECD indicators of overweight or obese populations, US [homepage on the Internet]. Paris: Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development; c2019 [update 2019 January; cited 2019 July 9].(Available from)https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/fr/social-issues-migration-health/overweight-or-obese-population/indicator/english_86583552-en
- Enquête épidémiologique nationale sur le surpoids et l’obésité, FR [homepage on the Internet; in French]. Meylan: Roche; c2019 [update 2019 June; cited 2019 July 9].(Available from)
- Overview of epidemiology and contribution of obesity to cardiovascular disease.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2014; 56: 369-381
- Psychosocial variables, eating behavior, depression, and binge eating in morbidly obese subjects.Eat Behav. 2006; 7: 309-314
- Application of BAROS' questionnaire in obese patients undergoing bariatric surgery with 2 years of evolution.Arq Gastroenterol. 2017; 54: 60-64
- Lifestyle, diabetes, and cardiovascular risk factors 10 years after bariatric surgery.New Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2683-2693
- Medium-term results of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: a matched comparison with gastric bypass.Obes Surg. 2015; 25: 1431-1438
- Laparoscopic reoperative sleeve gastrectomy for poor weight loss after biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch.Obes Surg. 2003; 13: 649-654
- The impact of bariatric surgery on quality of life: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obes Rev. 2015; 16: 639-651
- Psychological and behavioural aspects of bariatric surgery.Obes Res. 2005; 13: 639-648
- Quality of life after bariatric surgery: a comparative study of laparoscopic banding vs. bypass.Obes Surg. 2008; 18: 1551-1557
- Preliminary outcomes 1 year after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy based on bariatric analysis and reporting outcome system (BAROS).Obes Surg. 2011; 21: 1843-1848
- Quality of life after gastric sleeve and gastric bypass for morbid obesity.Porto Biomed J. 2017; 2: 40-46
- The validation of the Moorehead-Ardelt Quality of Life Questionnaire II.Obes Surg. 2003; 13: 684-692
- An overview of obesity-specific quality of life questionnaires.Obes Rev. 2006; 7: 347-360
- The mini-gastric bypass: experience with the first 1274 cases.Obes Surg. 2001; 11: 276-280
- Ten-year trends in health-related quality of life after surgical and conventional treatment for severe obesity: the SOS intervention study.Int J Obes. 2007; 31: 1248-1261
- Bariatric surgery and long-term control of morbid obesity.JAMA. 2002; 288: 2793-2796
- Evolution of bariatric surgery practice in France between 2008 and 2014 [in French].Bull Epidémiol Hebd. 2018; 5: 84-92
- Psychological aspects of bariatric surgery as a treatment for obesity.Curr Obes Rep. 2017; 6: 71-78
- Motivation, self-determination, and long-term weight control.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012; 2: 9-22
- Body contouring following massive weight loss resulting from bariatric surgery.Adv Psychosom Med. 2006; 27: 61-72
- Psychosocial predictors of success following bariatric surgery.Obes Surg. 2005; 15: 552-560
- Interventions to improve long-term weight loss in patients following bariatric surgery: challenges and solutions.Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2015; 8: 263-274
- Becoming physically active after bariatric surgery is associated with improved weight loss and health-related quality of life.Obesity. 2009; 17: 78-83
- Obesity and health-related quality of life: a cross-sectional analysis of the US population.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003; 27: 1227-1232
- Relationship between quality of life and weight loss 1 year after gastric bypass.Dig Surg. 2009; 26: 430-433
- Improvement in quality of life after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.Obes Surg. 2011; 21: 1161-1167
- A comparison of direct vs. self-report measures for assessing height, weight and body mass index: a systematic review.Obes Rev. 2007; 8: 307-326
- Bariatric surgery: a systematic review and metaanalysis.JAMA. 2004; 292 ([Erratum, JAMA 2005;293(14):1728.]): 1724-1737
- Long-term follow-up on disease-specific quality of life after bariatric surgery.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2018; 14: 658-664