- •The magnetic surgical system provides a safe and effective alternative for liver retraction.
- •The system can be used in patients with wide range of body mass index (BMI).
- •The magnetic surgical system reduces the need of a dedicated port for liver retraction.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011-2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
- 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and The Obesity Society.Circulation. 2014; 129: S102-S138
- Adult obesity prevalence in Canada and the United States. NCHS Data Brief No. 56, Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2011.Adv Nutr. 2011; 2: 368-369
- Trends in use of bariatric surgery, 2003-2008.J Am Coll Surg. 2011; 213: 261-266
- Patient selection and surgical management of high-risk patients with morbid obesity.Surg Clin North Am. 2016; 96: 743-762
- Magnetic surgery: first U.S. experience with a novel device.Surg Endosc. 2018; 32: 895-899
- Magnetic robot-assisted single-incision cholecystectomy.CRSLS. 2017; e2017.00073
- Single-center experience with magnetic retraction in colorectal surgery.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2019; 29: 1033-1037
- Magnetic liver retraction: an incision-less approach for less invasive bariatric surgery.Obes Surg. 2019; 29: 1068-1073
- Magnet-assisted robotic prostatectomy using the da Vinci SP robot: an initial case series.J Endourol. 2019; 33: 829-834
- Magnetic-assisted robotic surgery: initial case series of reduced-port robotic prostatectomy.J Robotic Surg. 2019; 13: 599-603
- Robotic-assisted prostatectomy with magnetic retraction.Urol Prac. 2020; 7: 391-396
- Magnetic surgery: results from first prospective clinical trial in 50 patients.Ann Surg. 2018; 267: 88-93
- Retraction and triangulation with neodymium magnetic forceps for single-port laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Surg Endosc. 2009; 23: 1660-1666
- Single-access laparoscopic left and right hemicolectomy combined with extracorporeal magnetic retraction.Dis Colon Rectum. 2010; 53: 944-948
- Magnetic-assisted single-port sleeve gastrectomy.Surg Innov. 2013; 20: NP9-NP11
- Surgical site infections.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2011; 25: 135-153
- Surgical site infection: incidence and impact on hospital utilization and treatment costs.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 387-397
- Tetanus toxin blocks the neuromuscular transmission in vitro like botulinum A toxin.Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1980; 311: 33-40
- Use of magnets in gastrointestinal surgery.Surg Endosc. 2019; 33: 1721-1730
- Evidence-based surgical care and the evolution of fast-track surgery.Ann Surg. 2008; 248: 189-198
- Comparison of two types of liver retractors in laparoscopic roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity.Obes Surg. 2020; 30: 233-237
- Retraction-related liver lobe necrosis after laparoscopic gastric surgery.JSLS. 2011; 15: 117-121
- Elevation of liver function tests after laparoscopic gastrectomy using a Nathanson liver retractor.World J Surg. 2011; 35: 2730-2738
- Portomesenteric vein thrombosis after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: incidence, analysis and follow-up in 1236 consecutive cases.Obes Surg. 2016; 26: 2555-2561
- Portomesenteric vein thrombosis after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.Surg Endosc. 2014; 28: 1083-1089
- Portomesenteric vein thrombosis in sleeve gastrectomy: a 10-year review.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2018; 14: 271-275