- •Colonic obstruction rarely occurs after a Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB).
- •The tense Roux limb mesentery and tight closure of Petersen’s space might compress and obstruct the transverse colon after RYGB.
- •This extrinsic colonic obstruction might present days or weeks or even years after gastric bypass.
- •The surgeons must be aware of this unique type of colonic obstruction after RYGB because it might lead to massive colonic distension and subsequent perforation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'