- •The prevalence of preterm birth in this Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery-2 cohort was 13.4%.
- •Preoperative gastrointestinal symptoms increased the odds of preterm birth.
- •Excessive versus adequate gestational weight gain reduced the odds of preterm birth.
- •Surgery-to-conception interval was not related to preterm birth.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Projected U.S. state-level prevalence of adult obesity and severe obesity.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 2440-2450
- The effectiveness and risks of bariatric surgery: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis, 2003-2012.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 275-287
- The impact of surgical treatment of obesity on the female fertility.Gynecol Endocrinol. 2019; 35: 100-102
- Effects of bariatric surgery on maternal and infant outcomes of pregnancy-an evidence analysis center systematic review.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: 1921-1943
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes after bariatric surgery; a systematic review and meta-analysis: do the benefits outweigh the risks?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218: 573-580
- Pregnancy after bariatric surgery and adverse perinatal outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS Med. 2019; 16e1002866
- Outcomes of pregnancy after bariatric surgery.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 814-824
- Cognitive, motor, behavioural and academic performances of children born preterm: a meta-analysis and systematic review involving 64 061 children.BJOG. 2018; 125: 16-25
- Perinatal outcomes after bariatric surgery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: 121.e1-121.e16
- Pregnancy outcomes following bariatric surgery.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011; 20: 1363-1366
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes in women undergoing bariatric surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014; 181: 45-53
- Perinatal outcomes after bariatric surgery: nationwide population based matched cohort study.BMJ. 2013; 347: f6460
- Prevention of preterm parturition.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 254-261
- Early pregnancy (≤12 months) after bariatric surgery: does it really influence maternal and perinatal outcomes?.Obes Surg. 2022; 32: 979-990
- Risk factors of lower birth weight, small-for-gestational-age infants, and preterm birth in pregnancies following bariatric surgery: a scoping review.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00404-022-06480-w
- Baseline characteristics of participants in the longitudinal assessment of bariatric surgery-2 (LABS-2) study.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2013; 9: 926-935
- Gastrointestinal symptoms before and after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a longitudinal assessment.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2019; 15: 871-877
- A prospective longitudinal study of chronic abdominal pain and symptoms after sleeve gastrectomy.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2021; 17: 2054-2064
- Trajectories of depressive symptoms and relationships with weight loss in the seven years after bariatric surgery.Obes Res Clin Pract. 2020; 14: 456-461
- Weight gain during pregnancy: reexamining the guidelines.The National Academies Press, Washington2009
- Minimum sample size for developing a multivariable prediction model: PART II - binary and time-to-event outcomes.Stat Med. 2019; 38: 1276-1296
- The impact of upper abdominal pain during pregnancy following a gastric bypass.Obes Surg. 2017; 27: 688-693
- The effect of surgery-to-conception interval on pregnancy outcomes after sleeve gastrectomy.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2018; 14: 1795-1803
- Impact of maternal body mass index and gestational weight gain on pregnancy complications: an individual participant data meta-analysis of European, North American and Australian cohorts.BJOG. 2019; 126: 984-995
- Gestational weight gain and preterm birth in obese women: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BJOG. 2016; 123: 199-206
- Association of gestational weight gain with maternal and infant outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2017; 317: 2207-2225
- Impact of gestational weight gain on perinatal outcomes after a bariatric surgery.J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod. 2019; 48: 401-405
- Pregnancy and perinatal outcomes according to surgery to conception interval and gestational weight gain in women with previous gastric bypass.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2017; 30: 1182-1188
- ACOG practice bulletin no. 105: bariatric surgery and pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 1405-1413