- •In primary OAGB, hiatoplasty was not associated with higher rates of intrathoracic pouch migration or GERD.
- •Generally, intrathoracic pouch migration is common after OAGB detected in 3D-CT volumetry and can lead to GERD.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Obesity in adulthood and its consequences for life expectancy: a life-table analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2003; 138: 24-32
Gensthaler L, Felsenreich DM, Jedamzik J, et al. Trends of Overweight and Obesity in Male Adolescents: Prevalence, Socioeconomic Status, and Impact on Cardiovascular Risk in a Central European Country. Obesity surgery. 2022.
- Bariatric Surgery or Intensive Medical Therapy for Diabetes after 5 Years.The New England journal of medicine. 2017; 376: 1997
- Clinical practice guidelines of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (EAES) on bariatric surgery: update 2020 endorsed by IFSO-EC, EASO and ESPCOP.Surg Endosc. 2020; 34: 2332-2358
- Bariatric Surgery Survey 2018: Similarities and Disparities Among the 5 IFSO Chapters.Obesity surgery. 2021; 31: 1937-1948
- Mechanisms in bariatric surgery: Gut hormones, diabetes resolution, and weight loss. Surgery for obesity and related diseases.official journal of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. 2018; 14: 708-714
- Gut microbiota characterisation in obese patients before and after bariatric surgery.Benef Microbes. 2018; : 1-8
- Surgical Technique for One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass.Surg Technol Int. 2020; 37: 57-61
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy prior to Bariatric Surgery-Mandatory or Expendable? An Analysis of 801 Cases.Obesity surgery. 2017; 27: 1938-1943
- Pouch volume and pouch migration after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a comparison of gastroscopy and 3 D-CT volumetry: is there a "migration crisis"? Surgery for obesity and related diseases.official journal of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. 2020; 16: 1902-1908
- Swallow Magnetic Resonance Imaging Compared to 3D-Computed Tomography for Pouch Assessment and Hiatal Hernias After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass.Obesity surgery. 2020; 30: 4192-4197
- Validation of the adapted Bariatric Quality of Life Index (BQL) in a prospective study in 446 bariatric patients as one-factor model.Obes Facts. 2009; 2: 63-66
- [The Gastrointestinal Quality of Life Index. A clinical index for measuring patient status in gastroenterologic surgery].Chirurg. 1993; 64: 264-274
- Hiatoplasty for Intrathoracic Gastric Migration Associated with One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass (OAGB).Obesity surgery. 2020; 30: 4986-4994
- Acid Reflux Is Common in Patients With Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease After One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass.Obesity surgery. 2021; 31: 4717-4723
- Outcome of Sleeve Gastrectomy Converted to Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass.Obesity surgery. 2022; 32: 643-651
- Conversion from one-anastomosis gastric bypass to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: when and why-a single-center experience of all consecutive OAGB procedures. Surgery for obesity and related diseases.official journal of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. 2022; 18: 225-232
- Revisional Surgery After One Anastomosis/Minigastric Bypass: an Italian Multi-institutional Survey.Obesity surgery. 2022; 32: 256-265
- One thousand single anastomosis (omega loop) gastric bypasses to treat morbid obesity in a 7-year period: outcomes show few complications and good efficacy.Obesity surgery. 2015; 25: 951-958
- The laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass: the Italian experience: outcomes from 974 consecutive cases in a multicenter review.Surg Endosc. 2014; 28: 156-163
- Update: 10 Years of Sleeve Gastrectomy-the First 103 Patients.Obesity surgery. 2018; 28: 3586-3594
- Comments on the Letter to the Editor "The Gastric Migration Crisis in Obesity Surgery.Obesity surgery. 2019; 29: 2305-2306
- The Gastric Migration Crisis in Obesity Surgery.Obesity surgery. 2019; 29: 2301-2302
- Revised sleeve gastrectomy (re-sleeve). Surgery for obesity and related diseases.official journal of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. 2015; 11: 1282-1288
- 3D CAT Scan and Gastric Volumetry in the Planning of Revisional Bariatric Surgery.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2021;
- 3D Volumetry and its Correlation Between Postoperative Gastric Volume and Excess Weight Loss After Sleeve Gastrectomy.Obesity surgery. 2018; 28: 775-780
- Geometry of Sleeve Gastrectomy Measured by 3D CT Versus Weight Loss: Preliminary Analysis.World J Surg. 2021; 45: 235-242
- Conventional Versus Distal Laparoscopic One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass: a Randomized Controlled Trial with 1-Year Follow-up.Obesity surgery. 2019; 29: 3103-3110
- Quality of Life 10 Years after Sleeve Gastrectomy: A Multicenter Study.Obes Facts. 2019; 12: 157-166
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Acknowledgements: Data management was kindly supported by Steffi Rothe.
The authors don´t have any conflicts of interest or financial ties to disclose, except one author who reports educational grants from Medtronic and Novo Nordisk as well as speakers’ fees by Medtronic. The study itself was not supported by any funding or grant.