- •Gastrogastric fistula (GGF) repair induces long-term weight loss after weight recurrence.
- •Surgical repair can be safely performed, however with higher complication rates.
- •GGFs are more common after open undivided Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB).
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Obesity and overweight. World Health Organization.2021
- Overweight & Obesity: Adult Obesity Facts.2021
- Bariatric surgery and prevention of cardiovascular events and mortality in morbid obesity: mechanisms of action and choice of surgery.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2015; 25: 437-443
- Surgery for obesity.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; : CD003641
- The treatment and prevention of obesity: a systematic review of the literature.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1997; 21: 715-737
- Surgery for weight loss in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; : CD003641
- Weight gain after short- and long-limb gastric bypass in patients followed for longer than 10 years.Ann Surg. 2006; 244: 734-740
- Gastrogastric fistulas. A complication of divided gastric bypass surgery.Ann Surg. 1995; 221: 387-391
- Effect of gastrogastric fistula closure in type 2 diabetes.Obes Surg. 2018; 28: 1086-1090
- Management of gastrogastric fistula after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2006; 2: 117-121
- Management of gastrogastric fistulas after divided Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery for morbid obesity: analysis of 1,292 consecutive patients and review of literature.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2005; 1: 467-474
- Surgical management of gastro-gastric fistula after divided laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity.J Gastrointest Surg. 2007; 11: 1673-1679
- Surgical management of gastrogastric fistula after roux-en-Y gastric bypass: 10-year experience.Obes Surg. 2018; 28: 939-944
- Outcomes of revisional treatment modalities in non-complicated Roux-en-Y gastric bypass patients with weight regain.Obes Surg. 2015; 25: 928-934
- Surgical management of gastrogastric fistula.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2015; 11: 1227-1232
- Classification, surgical management and outcomes of patients with gastrogastric fistula after Roux-En-Y gastric bypass.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2017; 13: 243-248
- Gastro-gastric fistulas and marginal ulcers in gastric bypass procedures for weight reduction.Obes Surg. 1999; 9 (discussion 8): 22-27
- Effects of gastrogastric fistula repair on weight loss and gut hormone levels.Obes Surg. 2013; 23: 1294-1301
- Laparoscopic remnant gastrectomy as a novel approach for treatment of gastrogastric fistula.Surg Endosc. 2009; 23: 2591-2595
- Laparoscopic handsewn gastrojejunostomy revision of gastrojejunal anastomosis with takedown of gastro-gastric fistula.Obes Surg. 2022; 32: 1403-1404
- Endoscopic closure of gastro-gastric fistula after gastric bypass: a technically feasible procedure but associated with low success rate.Obes Surg. 2019; 29: 23-27
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Estimates [cited 2022 Jun 24].(Available from:)