- •The Bariatric Surgical Risk/Benefit Calculator estimates patient-specific 1-year BMI
- •Predicted BMI closely aligned with actual BMI values through 12-months postoperative
- •BMI, weight change, and percent total weight change are estimated for 4 procedures
- •The tool aids in surgical decision-making, communication, and informed consent
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Health risks. Obesity Prevention Source [Internet]. 2022 [cited 2022 May 11]:[about 14 p.]. Available from: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-consequences/health-effects/.
American Heart Association [Internet]. Dallas: The Association; c2022 [updated 2021; cited 2022 May 11]. What is metabolic syndrome? [about 2 screens]. Available from: https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/metabolic-syndrome/about-metabolic-syndrome.
- Long-term outcomes of bariatric surgery: a National Institutes of Health symposium.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 1323-1329
- Association of metabolic surgery with major adverse cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes and obesity.JAMA. 2019; 322: 1271-1282
- The Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program Bariatric Surgical Risk/Benefit Calculator: 30-day risk.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2021; 17: 1117-1124
American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) Committee on Economics. ASA Physical Status Classification System. ASA [Internet]. 2020 Dec [cited 2022 May 17]:[about 4 p.]. Available from: https://www.asahq.org/standards-and-guidelines/asa-physical-status-classification-system.
- User's guide to correlation coefficients.Turk J Emerg Med. 2018; 18: 91-93
- Behavioral predictors of weight regain after bariatric surgery.Obes Surg. 2010; 20: 349-356
- Weight regain and insufficient weight loss after bariatric surgery: definitions, prevalence, mechanisms, predictors, prevention and management strategies, and knowledge gaps—a scoping review.Obes Surg. 2021; 31: 1755-1766
- Behavioral factors associated with successful weight loss after gastric bypass.Am Surg. 2010; 76: 1139-1142
- National trends in bariatric surgery 2012–2015: demographics, procedure selection, readmissions, and cost.Obes Surg. 2017; 27: 2933-2939
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery 2018 estimate of metabolic and bariatric procedures performed in the United States.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2020; 16: 457-463