Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases
- Body-mass index and all-cause mortality: individual-participant-data meta-analysis of 239 prospective studies in four continents.Lancet. 2016; 388: 776-786
- A review of obesity, physical activity, and cardiovascular disease.Curr Obes Rep. 2020; 9: 571-581
- Prevalence of overweight, obesity, and severe obesity among adults aged 20 and over: United States, 1960–1962 through 2017–2018.NCHS Health E-Stats, 2020 [cited 2022 Dec 6] (Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/obesity-adult-17-18/obesity-adult.htm)
- Association of body mass index with health care expenditures in the United States by age and sex.PLoS One. 2021; 16e0247307
- Medical care costs associated with cancer survivorship in the United States.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2020; 29: 1304-1312
- Body fatness and cancer — viewpoint of the IARC Working Group.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 794-798
World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research. Diet, nutrition, physical activity and cancer: a global perspective: Continuous Update Project Expert Report. 2018 [cited 2022 Nov 27]. Available from: https://www.wcrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Summary-of-Third-Expert-Report-2018.pdf.
- Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. Report of a WHO consultation.World Health Organ Tech Rep Ser. 2000; 894 (i–xii, 1–253.)
- Weight control and physical activity in cancer prevention: international evaluation of the evidence.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2002; 11: S94-S100
- The second World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research expert report. Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective.Proc Nutr Soc. 2008; 67: 253-256
- Body-mass index and risk of 22 specific cancers: a population-based cohort study of 5·24 million UK adults.Lancet. 2014; 384: 755-765
- Body size and obesity during adulthood, and risk of lympho-haematopoietic cancers: an update of the WCRF-AICR systematic review of published prospective studies.Ann Oncol. 2019; 30: 528-541
- Proportion of cancer cases attributable to excess body weight by US State, 2011-2015.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5: 384-392
- JJTAjocn. Consequences of smoking for body weight, body fat distribution, and insulin resistance.Am J Clin Nutri. 2008; 87: 801-809
- Obesity and risk of colorectal cancer: a systematic review of prospective studies.PLoS One. 2013; 8e53916
- Cancer incidence and mortality in relation to body mass index in the Million Women Study: cohort study.BMJ. 2007; 335: 1134
- Body size and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma by subtype: a pooled analysis from six prospective cohorts in the United States.Brit J Haematol. 2022; 197: 714-727
- Effects of weight loss on regional fat distribution and insulin sensitivity in obesity.Diabetes. 1999; 48: 839-847
- Dietary weight loss and exercise effects on insulin resistance in postmenopausal women.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 41: 366-375
- Favorable changes in serum estrogens and other biologic factors after weight loss in breast cancer survivors who are overweight or obese.Clin Breast Cancer. 2013; 13: 188-195
- Weight loss in breast cancer patient management.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 1128-1143
Schauer DP, Feigelson HS, Koebnick C, et al. Bariatric surgery and the risk of cancer in a large multisite cohort. 2019;269(1):95–101.
- Bariatric surgery is associated with reduced risk of breast cancer in both premenopausal and postmenopausal women.Ann Surg. 2020; 272: 1053-1059
- Sustained weight loss and risk of breast cancer in women 50 years and older: a pooled analysis of prospective data.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2020; 112: 929-937
- Cancer statistics, 2022.CA Cancer J Clin. 2022; 72: 7-33